Sheet pan recipes are a great way to use up random veggies in your fridge and require little prep time. Salmon and Kalamata olives inspired this Mediterranean themed pasta dish. A veggie forward, fresh summer recipe, great for a quick and healthy dinner.
SHEET PAN SALMON PASTA
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful black kalamata olives
- 1½ – 2 lb salmon
- 6 oz spaghetti or other pasta noodles
- Favourite store-bought green pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut veggies into bite size pieces.
- On a baking tray lined with tin foil, place salmon in the middle of the sheet. Add cut veggies and olives around the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
- While the salmon and veggies are in the oven, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add your pasta and cook for the time directed on the package. Turn off heat and drain pasta. Return pasta to the pot. Mix in a couple tablespoons of your pesto until it reaches your desired strength.
- To serve, portion pasta onto a plate or bowl, then top with salmon and veggies. Enjoy.